Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chairs Coffee

If you haven't been to Chairs Coffee, you need to!  I am by no means a "coffee snob" and don't really know my stuff when it comes to coffee.  However, I do know my chai teas.  My favorite go-to coffee drink isn't an extra hot, skinny white mocha, or a frappachino with enough calories to feed a small village, it's a soy chai.  Simple and easy and not actually coffee at all.

To Go Chai Tea with Nutmeg Sprinkling
With that being said, the ABSOLUTE BEST chai in the ENTIRE WORLD is Chair's.  Ok, so entire world might be pushing it, but I'd be willing to test it.  But really... its the best I've ever had.  The spice flavor comes out intensely, but is smooth and quite delicious.

If you're more of the coffee drinker, their brewed roasts are also great and change with the seaons, but not my typical cup of tea.

As for the rest of Chairs, its a great, locally owned shop that takes pride in it's products and service.  The ambiance is super cute with a large sitting room full of unique tables and chairs.  It's the perfect place to spend lunch with a friend or an intensive study session.  When I was in college, there was a coffee shop called the Daily Grind that really set the standard for study sessions, and Chairs far surpasses that environment.

As far as the baristas and serving staff, they are phenomenal.  The owners (2 younger men) are often behind the counter and at least one has been there almost every time I have.  They are really friendly and happy to help.  When I say that this is a good place to sit and eat, I do mean that.  While they don't dally on making your coffee and lunch, it's not the speedy drive through like Starbucks or Dutch Bros might be.  Their sandwiches are always amazing (most are organic or vegetarian too), while slightly more expensive, they do take a little bit of time, so plan on waiting 10+ minutes for lunch.   But in the meantime, you can play board games or browse the art from local artists from the walls (like those on the right, and sorry I don't remember the artist).

Chairs also takes pride in their eco-friendly practices like using Square to pay on their iPad cash register, fun mugs if you're eating/drinking in shop, and their text-based punch card.  And if you sign up for their texts, you can get pretty decent coupons and promotions at least once a week.  You can also get 10% off your order for taking the bus or riding your bike, and I'm all about the discounts!!

I'm not sure how much more I can say about a coffee shop, except you should take the time to visit at least once.  Oh, and TRY THE CHAI!  :)

To learn more about Chairs and the rest of the neat little place, visit their Website, Facebook, Urbanspoon.

Chairs Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment